"Wallerawang" is an exhibition layout built by the Guildford Model Railway Group. The main aim of the layout is to represent the location of Wallerawang Junction, a station located on the Main West line between Lithgow and Bathurst, west of the Blue Mountains in New South Wales (NSW).
After deciding on the location and visiting Wallerawang in 2006, plans were drawn up and many discussions were held before the layout design and track plan was finalised. The layout consists of six modules, with four modules representing the town of Wallerawang, the station building and yard, and the branch to Mudgee. The other two modules host a storage yard for the trains.
Construction of "Wallerawang" commenced in early 2007, and the layout was exhibited by Guildford Model Railway Group between October 2009 and October 2014.
In early 2015 the layout was sold and transferred into private ownership.
"Wallerawang" has won the following awards:
- 'Most Popular Exhibit' at the 2012 Hawkesbury Model and Hobby Show, Clarendon
- 'Best Model Railway Layout', and
- 'Best Australian Prototype Layout - Club', at the 2013 Sydney Model Railway Exhibition, Liverpool
- Scale: HO
- Location: Wallerawang, west of the Blue Mountains, NSW
- Period: Layout modelled on Wallerawang Junction during the 1990s, trains represent any era from steam to present day
- Layout type: Continuous double track mainline with one branchline; 14-track storage yard at rear
- Layout size: 6.5 metres (21 feet) by 2.7 metres (9 feet)
- Baseboard: 12 millimetre (half inch) plywood framing with plywood top and aluminium A-frame legs
- Track: Peco code 100 electrofrog points and flextrack
- Control: Home-made DC controllers based on the CoolerCrawler design
- Lighting: Daylight flourescent tubes
- Scenery: Plaster over lightweight foam and topped with coloured scatter material, with a mix of home-made and readymade trees
- Structures: Scratchbuilt from plans and photos
- Locomotives and rolling stock: Scratchbuilt, modified ready-to-run and kit built NSW and Australian prototypes